Meet Max, the versatile mini tripod for big camera rigs!
A follow-up to the Platypod Pro, the Platypod Pro Max supports heavier, larger gear. Don’t be fooled by Max’s small stature—it will be the most reliable tool in your gear bag!
SMALL FRAME, BIG SETUPS
Made of aircraft-grade aluminum and titanium, the 5mm-thick Max is perfect for heavy DSLRs and full-sized video cameras, large lenses, bulky flashes and accessories—up to 300 pounds. If your tripod ball head can support it, so can Max.
NO TOOLS, NO PROBLEM
Like the Pro, Max is compatible with most standard tripod ball heads and screws on easily without the need for tools.
FOUR SPIKE FEET
Max comes with four “feet," which are adjustable screws that grip on uneven or rocky surfaces. Each screw is 2 inches long with heavy-duty rubber caps and locking nuts.
THE ANATOMY OF MAX
Max doesn’t just lay flat. Place Max on an uneven surface, rig it with belts or zip ties on cylindrical objects, or mount it on a wall. You can even use Max for studio lights via the 1/4-20 accessory hole.
1. Fiberglass-reinforced nylon removable "bayonet style" storage box mounted onto plate to hold four 1/4-20 spikes, 2 inches long, with heavy-duty rubber feet and locking nuts. Small magnets keep spikes in place for storage.
2. Five 1/4-20 threaded holes strategically placed to allow use of spike feet in configurations of one, two, three, or four at a time.
3. Two 2-inch belt slots to secure to any cylindrical object or to tape onto floors for remote camera setups.
4. Made of 6061 black anodized aircraft-grade aluminum. 5 mm thick. 5.25 x 7.75” (5-year warranty—Full replacement of parts for any defect in workmanship. Guaranteed to hold up to a 300-pound load!)
5. 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 accessory threaded holes for attachment to tripods or quick-release devices under the unit.
6. 3/8-16 TA2 titanium photographic bolt drilled and countersunk through the plate and welded in place for large tripod ball heads, such as the RRS-BH55, even with spike-feet in place.
7. Two nail holes for permanent or semi-permanent mounting to walls, boards or ceilings.
8. Weight: 13 ounces, including spikes and storage box.
MAX DOESN'T REPLACE YOUR TRIPOD
Easily transition from eye level to ground level
with the 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 accessory threaded holes!
What is Included?
- Max Base Plate
- Four Spike Screw Legs
- Removable Leg Storage Box
- 1/4" - 1/4" Male to Male Crossnut
- Microfiber Pouch